Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham hosts a competition for engineering students and developers to showcase their technological innovations
One of these initiatives is
Engenius – Awards for the best project 2022which is an annual competition of technological innovation projects at a national level organized by the Directorate of Admissions and Academic Dissemination of
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University.
Engenius offers a platform for talented engineering students and engineering professionals to showcase their innovative technical projects. The initiative aims to build an innovative R&D ecosystem and offer a platform for talented engineering students at UG and PG / PhD levels, as well as professionals working in the industry to highlight their innovative technical projects.
Entries for the competition are open from May 2, 2022 onwards and will remain
open for applications until June 15, 2022.
The contest: how does it work?
Participants will have to go through three rounds: Preliminary Round, Qualifying Round and Grand Final Round.
- Preliminary round: This round will take place in the form of an online abstract submission. Participants – individuals or a group of up to five members – can enter the competition and submit the project in any of the categories mentioned. The preliminary evaluation of the project will be based on the theme and its objective.
- Qualifying round: The second round will involve evaluating the project on the basis of relevance, innovation, achievement of objectives, development efficiency, effectiveness, impact and relationship with society. Teams are required to submit a project presentation video explaining the project in detail in this round.
- Grand finale: The preselected teams will enter the third and final round which will take place as a field activity and will take place at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University. The final evaluation of the innovative technology project will be based on this presentation and the discussion with experts from industry and academia, which will, in turn, be followed by a question and answer session.
Award categories and what winners get
There are over five prize categories. They are: the best innovation, the best startup project, the best research project, the best project of each state (southern states) and the best project in various fields of technology.
The competition offers the winners the opportunity to:
Discover the stories of your interest
- Win a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and attractive gadgets
- Present their project at the Future Technology & Innovators Summit, which is scheduled for July 2022, along with the opportunity to network and be an integral part of the technology ecosystem
- Take part in a free two-day workshop opportunity
- Qualify for MTech Admission Scholarships at the University
- Take advantage of internship opportunities for the best performing teams
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham was ranked 41st in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022, which measures the contributions of universities to the Sustainable Development Goals.
The competition will culminate with the Future Technology & Innovation Summit, through which Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham aims to make a greater impact on society by bringing together leaders, regulators and innovators from around the world to explore the latest breakthroughs in future technology.