Buckingham Palace reveals Harry, Meghan will be excluded from this royal event

Buckingham Palace has revealed an important update on the matter Queen Elizabeththe upcoming Trooping the Color celebrations, which are a second official celebration of the ruler’s birthday.

“After careful consideration, the Queen has decided that the traditional balcony appearance of Trooping the Color this year, Thursday 2 June, will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the Royal family they are currently performing official public functions on behalf of the queen, “the palace said in a shared statement with HuffPost on Friday.

The announcement means this Prince Harry Other Megan Markle will not be present at the balcony event, which was seen as a potential public moment of reconciliation for the Sussexes and members of the royal family.

The royals who will stand alongside the queen include Prince CharlesCamilla, Duchess of Cornwall; Prince William, Kate Middleton and their three children; Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex and their two children; Princess Anne and her husband, Sir Timothy Laurence, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester; and the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra.

The announcement of the building also means this Prince Andrew he will not participate, as he is not a real worker.

Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are seen on the balcony of Buckingham Palace to mark the centenary of the RAF on July 10, 2018 in London.

Chris Jackson via Getty Images

Of course, there are fundamental differences in the conditions under which the Sussexes and the Duke of York do not work as royalty.

Harry and Meghan have announced their intention step back as a senior member of the royal family in January 2020. The Duke of York, on the other hand, retired from royal duties in 2019 after giving a disastrous interview to BBC “Newsnight” on the sexual assault allegations against him and his ties to sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein. The duke has long denied the allegations and recently reached an out-of-court settlement with his accuser, Virginia Giuffre.

Following the announcement of the palace on Friday, the Sussexes have made it clear that they will be attending the Platinum Jubilee celebrations in honor of the queen’s 70th birthday on the throne.

“Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are thrilled and honored to be attending the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children,” a spokesperson for the couple said in a shared statement with HuffPost on Friday.

It was previously unknown whether the Sussexes – or their children – would attend Jubilee events or appear at Trooping the Color.

Harry said during an interview with Hoda Kotb last month he wasn’t sure if he would participate in the Jubilee celebrations.

“There are a lot of things: security issues and all,” the prince said at the time. “So that’s what I’m trying to do, trying to make it possible that, you know, I can get my kids to meet her.”

Archie met the queen, but Harry and Meghan’s second child, Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsorhe reportedly did not meet her face to face. People magazine reported last year that the couple had introduced the queen to Lili via video calls.